Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK credit check

• 25-08-2021 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

As above being asked for this for mortgage application but not sure if I can get one since I don’t have a current uk address.

Having lived there for 4 years in early 2000 and have a UK Ulster bank account for my wages, cross border worker.

Experian and Equifax are looking for addresses I can provide them so wondering if anyone has any success with this before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I had this problem, although I was able to provide a UK address, however it had been so long since I lived there that it would have been beyond the period of Equifax's data retention period. I spoke to Equifax and explained the situation and they said that in this situation they just provide a memo advising that they didn't have any record of me. However, the bank you're applying for a mortgage through will also try to work around this if you are unable to get a UK credit check, I think my bank mentioned that there were ways around it. For example, I would suggest you perhaps contact your UK bank and ask them to provide a letter confirming that 1. you are in a good credit position with them and 2. that you have maintain an ROI address with them the entire time you held an account with them.

Advertisement