Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year olds able to change gender in Scotland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

The guidance doesn't say that tho.

As far as "an echo chamber" - pot, kettle, black (but you wont read this because you have blocked other opinions!)

Its funny - you kinda argue with yourself against imagined responses (the replies usually say, I suppose you will say X etc)

"A very underrated comedy" - subtitle of this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Most changing facilities in schools are communal. Your standard changing room with benches around the edges.

Teenagers of both sexes are dealing with massive changes to their bodies, and would have insecurities when it's just their own sex in the room, let alone, adding someone of the opposite sex.

This is especially true for girls, who would not want to share changing facilities with a boy.

The guidance the Scottish government is sending to schools is essentially saying if a girl complains about a boy (trans-girl) changing with them, then that girl is the problem, and she should be made change in separate facilities by herself.

Same sex facilities are there for the primary reason of safeguarding girls from boys.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/fifth-of-teenage-boys-do-not-believe-consent-necessary-prior-to-sexual-activity-1.4654324

Given that recent study, and the fact that sexual violence is carried out by male bodied people in over 90% of cases, no girl should be made feel they're a bigot for objecting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

@chopperbyrne The guidance the Scottish government is sending to schools is essentially saying if a girl complains about a boy (trans-girl) changing with them, then that girl is the problem, and she should be made change in separate facilities by herself.

This has been propagated in every thread on this subject ,the female child who feels uncomfortable is nothing more than a bigot who deserves to be separated for having "Gender Critical" beliefs ,

So what they know and what they are born as is considered wrong by a an absolute minority and so called charities who should have no access to childrens education settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No

I'm not. There is a disgraceful agenda to destroy anti bullying campaigns.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You have said the Daily Mail headline is correct with no evidence other than your own interpretations of what the document says. Thats not proof at all that the Daily Mail headline is correct.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No there is not , questions have been asked why an LGBT antibullying program for schools makes very little or mention of gay and lesbian and bisexuals and mainly mentions trans ,

Has the LGB bullying just gone away and replaced with bullying that could barely effect 15 students out of 1 million

Post edited by Gatling on

Q

So you're trying to interpret , what someone else read who's own interpretation isn't what your interpretation is so you can still bring the daily fail into it .

Silly stuff

Or perhaps they are coming out as gender fluid or non binary because now they know what it is?

maybe when these things were not talked about, those people didn't understand what exactly they felt?

You seem to think others are easily led, that they could change their whole person because of something they saw on the internet! More likely they are something that can explain how they feel.

• Advertisement

But gender fluid is more an expression that can change with the wind ,

To be it's like claiming your bisexual and only sleeping with other women if your female and vice versa with men , but then denying that they are gay .

The internet hasn't helped , people live their lives on line especially kids and teens ,so they are used to living within the idea of drop down menus and some see the real world exactly like that ,

Post edited by Gatling on

Of course you can be bisexual and only sleep with women.. what do we have quotas on how many of each a bi person has to sleep with now? Sure why don't we tell everyone how to live.

Again, I find it funny that you talk about "the real world". What you are actually referring to is your own very limited world experience. Your views don't map to a lot of people's "real world".

Its also kinda interesting - the "internet is brainwashing our kids" - but there is absolutely no chance of the internet (and the changing funding models of media companies) helping brainwash our adults?

When there is a far more clearer and obvious reason as to why they would want to do that.. It really doesn't stack up.

I'm not sure what the issue is?

do you feel that people need to stick to a certain label all their lives?

I'm hetrosexual, that doesn't mean that someday I might fall for a woman, are you suggesting that I shouldn't be allowed? Is there a certain percentage of both males and females that bisexuals need to be with?

Terry Pratchet

Can you please explain why trans was made the prominent topic of the bullying campaign with little or no reference to gay lesbian and bisexuals .....

Trans identity have gay lesbians and bisexuals just disappeared , especially in schools settings where gay students represent a percentage of the school population.

It makes zero sense other than being a tool to promote trans ideology ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm sorry but this is just completely illogical.

I have 2 pieces of evidence 1. The Daily Mail report, 2. The official Scottish guidance. The same evidence you have access to.

All one has to do is compare the two to ascertain whether anything the DM said is misinformation. The DM is basing what it's reporting off the guidance.

I said I haven't found anything that's technically incorrect in the DM report, and all you have do to prove me wrong (which I'm open to, believe it or not) is show exactly what part of the DM report is wrong. That should be easy for you since you seem to be confidant that I'm wrong.

And I don't get why your're being so aggressive about this. I admitted that the DM headline could be said to be sensationalist, in that uninformed people could read it to think that 4yo's are being pushed to have transitional surgery. But that's not what it says. And I really think all this talk of sensationalist reporting is just a deflecting tactic anyway, so in a way it's working in your favour.

What anti bullying campaign? The guidance is not about anti-bullying. The guidance is primarily about trans umbrella recognition for the sake of those who identity as such.

Nowhere in the guidance does it ever advise in how to deal with gay/trans bullying. You could argue that trans umbrella recognition would have an anti-bullying side effect but I doubt it.

Bullying is bullying and bullying has nothing per se to do with anti gay/trans. Kids will bully for any reason or no reason at all. Where's the anti-fatty, anti-square eyes anti-bullying guidelines? So what I'm saying here is the guidelines are about trans 'education' and not really about anti-bullying at all.

Can you please explsin why you support destroying anti bullying campaigns. Thats what the LGB alliance tried to do.

Terry Pratchet

Im not being agressive. Im just pointing out you havent proved the Daily Mail correct even though you claim you did so.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I am referring to the fact that a trans hate group attacked an Irish school LGBT anti bullying campaign in order to destroy the campaign overall. Shameful really.

Terry Pratchet

I'm asking why nearly all references to gay , Lesbians and bisexuals have been pretty much relegated and almost completely replaced with trans ..

No explanation .

The LGBT antibullying campaign that doesn't feature or makes little or no reference to LGB bullying .

Destroyed is the word under the guise of promoting trans Ideology ,

Did LGB students disappear from schools

Basically the lgb alliance wanted to get rid of the anti bullying campaign. Yes they wanted it destroyed. The faux concern from you and others for lgb students is laughable really. I mean why claim you are concerned about lgb students when you want to remove/destroy a campaign against bullying of them.

Terry Pratchet

No ,they did not , they high lighted the fact that there was little or mention to LGB bullying and primarily focused on trans ,

Which makes zero sense considering so few students from primary to secondary are trans I believe it's less than 20 ,

So why would you then litterally ignore the sizable number of LGB students and make very few mentions of either of the three but make something like 80 + references to trans .

So it's safe to say it's not about LGBT bullying it's about T bullying and sod all about anyone else

Can you explain why

@Gatling

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117926884#Comment_117926884

There's no such thing as trans bullying in schools. That is why there are no slur words for trans equivalent to gay slurs like, f**, po**ter, bender, etc.

What the guidance is saying, is that trans people may experience homophobic bullying, because kids might think trans kids are gay.

That is their excuse for trans 'education'.

Because they are poaching off the gay experience, as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

There are no slur words for trans? Are you serious? There are loads. What a bizarre thing to say. I think you must really live.in a bubble.

In school I recall being called a bender even before I knew I was a bender. They didn't know it either. So these kinds of bender slurs were thrown around in school all the time.

I don't ever recall anyone being insulted by transgender slur words.

What transgender slur words are in common usage in schools nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I can think of at least 3 trans slurs I heard in school in the 90s. I'd rather not list them. No they were not used against specific people in the school because being trans was not on our radar back then. It was used to discuss trans people we saw on TV.

In any case you just shifted the goalposts from saying that trans slurs do not exist to your own personal experience of nobody being called a trans slurs at your school. I assume you are acknowledging that trans slurs do indeed exist.

This is complete fantasy gay appropriation nonsense. There were no openly trans people on TV in the 90's, and hardly even today.

Still today most people haven't even got a clue what trans is in the first place.

And why would they, because most people don't have, nor never will have, any personal experience of a trans person, because the number of trans people in life is so small that the likelihood anyone would have a relation that is trans, or know someone who is trans, or knows someone who knows someone who is trans, is so small, that if it wasn't for the media noone would ever have heard of trans in the first place.

And I'm sure that fact is well know by trans activists, and that is why they are so desperate to be aligned with LGB, so as to create a false impression to an uninformed public that trans is much more prevalent that it actually is.

As for your latter, it's a bit rich of you to say I'm admitting that trans slurs's 'exist', when I asked you to name the slurs, but you declined. You can't even admit they exit yourself.

• Advertisement

This is just complete and utter ignorance claiming there are no trans slur words. You need to educate yourself on the issue.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement