Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three in Plassey

• 26-08-2021 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Are all Three SIM cards manufactured in Plassey in Limerick ?

Or is it just a custom support centre ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There is no manufacturing, just customer support and other business functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

cheers

are the SIM cards stored and dispatched from Limerick ?

or would they come from somewhere else?

EDIT: I mean I was told years ago that all Three SIMs come from Limerick so was wondering if they are made there (as you have informed me they are not) or is their Irish distribution hub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Sim cards are manufactured by a 3rd party usually Gemalto but more than 1 company is used.

There is no logistics operation in Limerick for supply of sim cards. There are generally some on hand for testing and occasional customer support uses where an agent may send one directly. But, in general even where Three advise a SIM change is needed for a customer. The sim will be dispatched via a logistics partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

okay

Thank you

Advertisement