Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection issues with new VM bundle

Options
  • 26-08-2021 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

My VM outlet box is on one side of my sitting room, the router is on the opposite side

The existing coax cable runs outside, over the roof and back in under my fireplace where my old all in one box resided

The existing coax cable is cablecon 4.9

My new VM bundle has a TV BOX and a separate HUB. You can see my problem. How can I connect both devices to the splitter in the outlet box?

What are my possible solutions?

• Get a new outlet box installed beside my tv? I'm wondering why the previous owners did not opt for this. The tv is over the gas fire
    • Run both cables from the outlet box along the skirting board? This would be ugly as it would be visible and require 5m cables
    • Drill a bigger hole and run both cables outside, over the roof and back in under the fireplace?
    • Something way more obvious?

Cheers…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭KildareP

Disconnect the TV cable from the back of the present Horizon box.

Connect the splitter to this end of the cable.

Connect two short cable leads to either side of the splitter output to your new 360 box and modem - they should have included these cables in the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Thanks but that doesn't work. They don't fit into each other as they're both the same type

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Can I convert the coax cable with a Male to Female adapter?

Advertisement