Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ennis National School vs Brian Lohan

• 26-08-2021 7:39pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Speaking to someone locally and there's a major standoff between Ennis National School and property owned by Brian Lohan.

Council Investigating 'Access Issues' For Ennis School Walking Bus - Clare FM

Speaking to a parent in Ennis NS they were saying that it's grand in the mornings, children are dropped and they just walk up, the problem is in the evening when there's 100s of cars waiting for their children to arrive down, the school seem to be avoiding problems with their own car parking problems by getting parents to take up spaces, I was sent this clip from a school newsletter

Post edited by Clareman on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Deagol

Went to the westgate business park the other day and was shocked at the number of cars in there. Apparently the HSE have opened some office there that is taking up huge amounts of the parking so there is no longer any room for parents collecting kids. As it's a privately owned facility I think they are well within their rights to refuse a state owned school from using it for free effectively.

How a brand new school was built with what appears to be inadequate parking / drop off spaces is quite beyond me... but then again very little that happens in the public sector shocks me anymore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That retail estate has been empty since it was built, it's similar to the 1 by Flannan's or out in Ballymaley as well as the 1 down the Limerick Road by the by-pass, the town is full of them, the school took advantage of it for years and it worked out well for them, but now that the estate is in use I don't think it's unreasonable for them not to operating as an overflow car park, reading the press release it seems to me like they tried to work with the school but the school ignored them. Having a school for that many students with such terrible access was a huge mistake that they aren't doing anything to sort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The schools presumably going to be surrounded by new housing schemes eventually so they'd better come up with something or everybody will be double parking all over them.

It's hard to manage several hundred drop offs I guess. There are days it's going to be lashing rain as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The council are in the process of finishing an estate right next to the school now. I took a spin up by it over the weekend, whoever designed the access road and car park should be shot, I'm amazed it's not a major talking point for years,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think my dad maybe did the public lighting on it circa 2007. I'm shredding all associated paperwork now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement