Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing address - how do we know it has completed?

Options
  • 27-08-2021 6:11am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hello. My partner applied through the app last week to have her old address on her accounts updated. I understand it can take 3 to 5 days to happen.

My question is, will she be informed as to when this has been completed? We need to get a statement with the new address, so we don't want to order one and when we get it, find out it still has the old address on it.

TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi spurious,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Your partner will receive an SMS confirming the change of address when the request has been completed.

Thanks,

Tara

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's great thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hello again

Nothing on this yet, so I don't know what is happening.

Should we submit another request?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Declan

Hi Spurious

• Thanks for getting back in touch with us. Your partner will receive an SMS confirming the change of address when the request has been completed. It takes 5 working days days to complete a change of address but if it's past this time frame then I would advise you to call our customer service team on 0818365365 or on +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad and we can check this for you
    • Thanks
    • Declan

The first request was sent 20 August. There was no response to that, so we have sent another one this evening (31st). She works 7 to 7 without phone access so ringing a 9-5 'support' service is out.

We need a statement with her current address on it.

Is there some way, other than waiting on this non-existent SMS message, or ordering an interim statement (at a cost), that we can find out has her address been updated?

If we private message one of you here with the account number can they check? We just need to know it has been changed.

• Advertisement

I am presuming if I ring the support number they will not speak to me (since it is not my account), though it is giving nothing away to just tell me if the address on the account has been changed in the past week/fortnight. I don't need details, just to know it has been changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Thanks for getting back to us here.

She can check if her address has been updated by logging into the app, select services and then send us a message option. She can also link in with our live chat team through this link: www.boi.com/chat. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

For security reasons, we do not have account access here.

Thanks,

Megan

We sorted it using the chat thanks. The statement with the updated address will be available in the morning.

The app would have taken another 2 to 3 working days.

Advertisement