Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security/CCTV - large and exposed area

• 27-08-2021 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

I know this is another duplicated question, but im looking to purchase a security/cctv system for my elderly-ish neighbor.

There are a couple of factors that will need to be considered.

The house is an exposed area, so any outdoor cameras need to be able to withstand the elements.

Its not just house that needs monitored, the cameras need to be able to monitor roads to the sheds down the field.

Looks like 4 cameras minimum will be needed. Will have a look later at where best to place cameras, so we might find a way of keeping everything mounted on the house.

Budget and simplicity. Budget is around 250 - 400. It will need to have an app (mobile and laptop) that wont be too difficult to use

I have seen this mentioned as a good option, but only starting looking in to this so happy for recommendations

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hikvision-Vision-Outdoor-DVR-Security/dp/B0751KV47B/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B0751KV47B&psc=1

Advertisement