Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car cleaning kits

• 27-08-2021 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, What are the best car cleaning kits, are Meguiar's or Autoglym kits ok or which would be best for a car enthusiast, alot of reviews say Meguiars.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Depends on what you mean by car cleaning kits? I assume it's the like of this or this. A lot would be down to personal preference as to which brand you prefer. SOme may swear by Autoglym where others wouldn't use anything other than Meguiars etc. I'd suggest buying something from each and trying it and then buy the kit of the brand you prefer, or, if it's for someone else, try to gauge or find out which brand they use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

You're going to get good results with both Autoglym and Meguiars, car will shine with any one of them, they're both well established brands you'll you'll happy with whichever one you pick. I have a mix of both products and I use them both

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The Meguiars ceramic wax is very easy to use, and works great. Same for their tyre gel. If you don't need it to be a bit, I'd recommend this and this. Easy to use and fast. I've heard that this is good for hard water. This is good for upholstery. I got some of this in Aldi a few weeks ago for €6, and I've seen it somewhere else cheap. Dunnes or tesco maybe.

That and a decent bucket with a grit guard. I got a massive bucket down in the market for a fiver that looked a lot like the meguiars one, but white. Fits a grit guard.

Get some micrfibre sponges and some cloths and you should be set.

Advertisement