Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiot’s guide to one-off sale of shares

Options
  • 27-08-2021 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, back in the days when I had the odd bit of disposable income I bought €1000 worth of BoI shares via Goodbody via an AIB branch (which is a good indication of the level of my investment capabilities). They are now worth €1750 and I’d like to sell them (thank you back to school).

I have an account with ComputerShare which manages my dividends and I know I previously sold shares there but don’t see an option to sell these. I went to set up a DEGIRO account but need to lodge a nominal amount to it through my AIB account to confirm and the latter isn’t giving me an option to set up a foreign payee on my phone. They don’t accept payments from Revolut.

i have so little bandwidth for this (again thanks back to school 😬) so would really appreciate if someone could tell me the quickest and handiest way to execute a one-off sale like this, even if it costs a bit more.

Many thanks for any help

Comments

Advertisement