Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming watches

Options
  • 27-08-2021 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

Im looking for recommendations for either swimming watches or general fitness watches that have options for swimming

I was looking at the garmin swim 2 but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any other recs

I just started back swimming just over two weeks ago for the first time since before the first lockdown in 2020. At the moment Im doing 30 lengths of an 18m pool, but in the next week or two Im planning on upping it to 40 lengths, I alternate between 1 length breast stroke and 1 length forward crawl. Before lockdown I was doing up to 70 lenghts in the pool Im currently using

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gruser

I have the Garmin Fenix 2 old but does the job pefectly. It automatically detects the stroke and does this well so should suit the sets you describe above well. I'm sure the swim 2 is fine. The Fenix just will do running cycling aswell as open water swims. I'm guessing the swim 2 wont do open water but check that if its important to you. Presumably the swim 2 will also be cheaper than a multisport watch.

Advertisement