Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope focus adjustment ?

Options
  • 27-08-2021 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Anyone ever have trouble with side focus on a Hawke Vantage scope? Mine seems to have failed. Dial rotates freely but not adjusting the focus!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yup. Mine did the opposite. Was a bugger to try and turn the wheel, even with the extended dial on it, and it didn't adjust. Sent it back, via the dealer I bought it from, and within two weeks had a new scope waiting for me as a replacement.

Hawke customer service is second to none in my opinion, and that includes the "bigger" brands.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Got him!

Thanks Cass! Mine was a bit stiff from the get go but actually functioned perfectly , but all of a sudden it seemed to become detached from something internally. I've Emailed Hawke with a query. Good to hear they are customer focused! Hopefully they'll sort me out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Mine may have come loose eventually, like your one, but as soon as I noticed the problem I returned it.

Had a problem with another Hawke scope years ago and when I went back to the dealer he range Hawke there and then, and when he got off the phone he took a new scope out of the display, handed it to me, and told me Hawke told him to immediately swap it. Times have changed a little so they may want the scope to repair but whether its a repair or replacement they will sort it.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement