Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing current accounts - thinking about Permanent TSB

• 28-08-2021 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

AIB have finally copped on to the fact that I graduated in 2009 and I no longer have the perks of a graduate account. My last two statements were between €35-40 a quarter which just seems like an extortionate amount (literally just basic fees, 20c charge for every DD, card payment and ATM withdrawal) so I am looking to change to another bank that can offer similar level of service but for less fees.

I have a credit card with €0 balance and a 7 day notice savings account with AIB - so I would be looking for similar with whatever bank I move to. All the household bills, mortgage etc. come out of the joint account so I don't particularly need switcher services (I can move any other DDs e.g. Prime or Netflix manually when new account is set up).

Our joint account is with KBC and we've never had any issues with them whatsoever, in fact if they hadn't recently announced that they were moving out of Ireland, I would open an account with them.

I'm strongly considering Permanent TSB and the Explore Current Account with - flat monthly fees which actually decline the more you use your account + there is a branch in my local town. Just wondering if anybody could share their experiences with Permanent TSB for daily banking - e.g. general experience, is the app good etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

The app is fine, does the basics. I've been using ptsb for about 8 years with no issues. I have sky TV which ptsb gives 5% cashback monthly, along with debit card use means I'm usually up money.

Advertisement