Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 4 Transfer Thread.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think he's working his way back - got 30 mins run out in last two games, Saka had good game with England as well, ESR is young so with the more experience lads around it should help. News conference should help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yes you are right, this long period of Int. are given me notions.

Arsenal are poison & are not worth siding with in the hope of picking up good results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT.....all set to pull the trigger on Toney and Bruno to Ronaldo and Torres (would leave zero in the bank).

Fwiw I reckon Ronaldo will be the ultimate FPL vampire....expect him to score a lot, take penos, frees etc and generally subdue other MUN assets so not too concerned about ditching Bruno. But who knows...maybe Ronaldo will draw so much attention that Bruno & co. will have more space (????)

Aiming to hit the Wildy button for GW7 but not set in stone

Edit: looks like Torres rising tonight so will be going through with this later on by the looks of it

Post edited by Cartman78 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Now that Gabriel Jesus can't play this weekend, does that make Torres more nailed to start this week?

EDIT: and on the other hand, Man City don't really have a goalkeeper either. Ederson won't be allowed to play and Steffen tested positive for COVID. Is Carson back signed with City again this year? Makes Leicester attackers a bit more attractive again. Maybe hold Barnes for one more shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

What's the story with Ramsdale ? Is he likely to become Arsenal no1 over Leno any time soon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bit of a joke that he's not in the FF game as a 4.0 player even. Would have been a decent lad to have this weekend,

I see Smith Rowe is now ill - poor old Arteta can't get a full squad together.

Yeah could have been a handy 4.0 filler for this week on WC or a one week job. He'll probably get added at 4.5 now or something stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Did Barnes to Torres last week before the drop/rise so I'm thinking now of a -4 of Bruno & Ings to Mount & Ronaldo as I have exact money, decent move or a bit knee jerk for a -4?

• Advertisement

I would take the chance with the outs anyways and most of the ins. I think Ings will be mass transferred out over the next couple of weeks anyways with his rough fixtures. I'm not entirely convinced on Mount, yet, but if you are, then go for it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In a quandary to downgrade Mahrez to Torres, or upgrade Mahrez to Son.

Also considering bringing in Ronaldo for yellow-flagged Lukaku due to the attractiveness of Newcastle.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Hmm, I’d wait for an update on Lukaku. He could be playing a depleted Villa defence at home and match/out score Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

What do people think on greenwood moving forward? Not sure he will as effective and possible rotation risk in a few weeks?

Doing Ings for Ronaldo, but need .5 to find it so it's either

A greenwood to Torres, torress looks great form and price but may be prone to rotation too with foden kdb coming back but a 7m bench is ok for the city potential

B coufal to marcal, like marcal fixtures and playing as rwb, if raphina dropped they play if not both are first subs,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is everyone that's bringing Ronaldo in this week throwing the armband on him as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Eric Dier or Ben White ??

Form favours Dier but fixtures / return of Gabriel & Partey has me leaning towards White

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Yeah think I will, Newcastle defence not great plus look at the 2 late goals against us last week, he's an unnatural goal machine! FPL captain survey favors him too, cant see why Salah is getting such a strong showing away to Leeds, was only a 1-1 draw in April same fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any question with an Arsenal player as one of the options, the answer is always the other option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im on the fence on it still but the hype and fomo is getting the better of me. But if I did I think Id only own him for 3 GWs before going to Lukaku or Kane so not sure if its worth taking a -4 hit to get him in. If I do it then its for Bruno out and it also allows me to deal with Perica who Ive had since the start but who now plays in Israel. Im leaning towards doing it as I think Ronaldo will outscore Bruno over the next 3 GWs and hopefully cover the -4 as well. Because of his price getting off him and onto Lukaku/Kane only takes one transfer as well. Id captain him over Salah this weekend as well, Im not expecting him to get a hat trick v Newcastle or anything but with his xG Id be surprised if he blanks. Im thinking its a nailed on goal or assist and then likely bonus points on top.

Probably because the Leeds defence looks a bit ropey, 8 goals conceeded in 3 games. For non Ronaldo owners Salah looks like an alright pick this week. Though Lukaku v a depleted Villa defence is attractive as well

I think given Ronaldo's price, and the fact his ownership is already at near 20%, if you bring him in your never selling him, as he's likely to go up 0.1 or 0.2 should he score this weekend, if he was 12.7m for instance - selling and moving to Lukaku leave extra funds, which inevitable you'll re-invest and so moving back to Ronaldo will be hard.

I read somewhere that due to quarantining (?) that he will only have 1 training session with the United team - do we think that it's enough for him to go straight in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’d say Ron decides if he starts not ole !

yeah I dunno, that could work out pretty well for me even as a 3 game punt. Hopefully good returns from Ronaldo and then sell at a profit to move to Lukaku for his easy run of fixtures from GW7. United have a tough run 7 to 13 where they play Leicester, Everton, Liverpool, Spurs, City, Watford then Chelsea. After that run United fixtures get really good 14 all the way through to 27 so I would have him back for that run. Ive done alright with team value so far Antoinio & Benrahma especially so reckon I could get a more expensive Ronaldo back without too much trouble, albeit in two transfers. Would hope Lukaku rises simulartaneously to offset Ronaldos gains.

All the above of course is solely based on fixtures because we dont yet truly know the form of teams and players. If Ronaldo goes wild over the 3 games Im thinking of owning him then Id reassess for sure and consider sticking with him through the harder fixtures and then into that really sweet run 14-27.

The main problem for me is Bruno, if he is off penalties and free kicks then for me he is not worth the 12.0. The penalties & frees are part of what values him at that price and if theyre gone his points ceiling has to take a bit of a hit while Ronaldos points ceiling gets boosted. We might even see Brunos price go down while Ronaldos rises, I dont want to get caught in that trap so think I will pull the trigger on Bruno out Ronaldo in for a -4.

As for him going straight in he has to for the marketing value alone as his return to Old Trafford is a global story. Im just hoping its straight, straight back in and not a 60th minute welcome by standing ovation.

Bruno is sort of an odd one price wise - from a players pov if he's not on penalties then he's not worth 12.0m, but yet Mane is basically in that exact situation but is has been priced at 12.0 for two seasons running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Think I’m gonna do Son+Ings to Jota+Lukaku and captain Lukaku. I have 2FTs. I’ll then asses the Ronaldo situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dean Smith has ruled out the South American players who did travel to play the games. I presume all countries are affected here.

As of now, the Brazilian players issue is still up in the air.

But to make it even more confusing, Almiron is available even though he didn't travel while being called up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Even if Ronaldo only comes on in the 60th minute though, he could do alot of damage in a half an hour against that Newcastle defence.

I've brought him in and I'm captaining him. I went for a -4 of Fernandes to Torres and Toney to Ronaldo. I'm disappointed I didn't get Torres in earlier as I've had my eye on him since Pep mentioned possibly using him as a striker last year when he scored a hat trick against Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Torres started all 3 matches for Spain last week and only got subbed in 1 at the 60th min mark, that's a lot of minutes and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him benched this week.

• Advertisement

Sure was it last season he scored a hattrick for Spain, i brought him in, scored 1 goal, was taken off on 60 mins, and then didn't see any action for another 4/5 GW's. Who knows in the world of Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Need a mid for 6.4 that's not Benrahma!

Sarr and Trincao are two options I'm looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Went ahead with this before son was ruled out but I can play klich in his place anyway so not worth a -4 at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭blackwave

Was looking at Trincao, stats look good but Podence is back which could impact minutes so I am leaning to Gray/Sarr.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luxemburgo

Really hard week to decide, esp with 2 FT, if I could roll I would.

0.1 off Jota Ronaldo for Bruno, Ings

Which means a minus 4, so is it

Jimmi, Allan, Ronaldo

Jota, Ronaldo, Livermento (for Veltman)

Jota, Ronaldo, Torres (for Gundo)

Or a simpler Jimmi for Ings

Decision decisions, and serious Ronaldo fear

Have gotten Ronaldo in too and captained him, Bruno the casualty with Perica to Bissouma to enable it. Ole was non commital at the presser if Ronaldo starts or not, only saying that he will get minutes. Just hoping he does start rather than waiting to 60 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Going to bank my FT this week. Would you start Raphinha (Laverpool H) or Duffy (Brentford A)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Start Raph imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ings to DCL. Going to bank a transfer and hold off on Ronaldo for now.

Advertisement