Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the best era in wrestling?

Options
  • 28-08-2021 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭

A random thread. But in your opinion what was the best era, even what promotion in that era, of all time.

Was it the classic wwf of the mid to late 80s? Was it the new generation wwf in the mid 90s? Perhaps the territory days of the 80s (wccw, mid-south)? There's too many to list.

For me I think the best time to be a wrestling fan was the late 90s. That's not to say its not without its faults - a lot of hogan's nwo promos can come off as cringe now or every raw having to open with a big 20 minute promo each and every week. But it was a special time.

Yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Mid 90's I'd say. WCW is around its creative peak. You get some cartoon era WWF but some of the programmes from 95-97 are gold and you see the beginning of the shift in tone in WWF that sets them up for the Attitude Era. ECW is at the peak of it's creative powers, riding the wave of counter culture and starting to draw strong attendances. AJPW with the 4 pillars of heaven on top remains a legendary era. NJPW have the best junior division in pro wrestling history at this time and are very strong at the top of the card. Joshi is on the downward cycle near the end of this era but still is in a good position. Some of the best exports from lucha start to make their way to mainstream American wrestling around this time too. The wrestling industry had probably never been so healthy.

Advertisement