Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need 2 laptops (different specs) - any advice please?

• 29-08-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to make some laptop recommendations (or even give me an idea of what I should be looking out for). I will actually be looking for 2 laptops in the next few months. I see there are "back to school/college" offers at the moment, so wasn't sure if I should be looking now, or wait a while.

Laptop 1 -

Budget: €750

Intended Use: Will be used by the teenager, will be used for schoolwork, internet, and also for playing Roblox (frequently) and Minecraft (occasionally). He plays no other games (at the moment) and I think Roblox has fairly minimal requirements, but I wasn't sure whether he'd need a dedicated graphics card or if that's overkill.

Mobility: Can't imagine he'll be moving it any further than from the desk to the bed! Looking for 15.6 inch screen though, not 14.

Warranty: ? standard

Laptop 2 - 

Budget: €750

Intended Use: Microsoft Office, internet, Zoom, occasional photo editing and very light video editing, no gaming

Mobility: Again, will be mainly used at home. 15.6 inch screen again

Warranty: standard

I did start looking online, but as I said, not entirely sure whether I should be looking for dedicated graphics, or how much ram I'd need, and there's such a range of prices that I wasn't sure which end of the price range to be looking at. Can't post links to them here because I don't have enough posts.

Comments

Advertisement