Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport

Options
  • 29-08-2021 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

Whats going on as i notice this morning many people have missed flights, there must be a serious problem. The last time i went out it was ok going out. On return it was crazy as the passport staff had to do all the documents (3 in total) i am told it is still the same. Also the guy who was dealing with me was having a conversation with a group of his collegues about rostering with a group of people standing one side of the queue, very unprofessional. I have a friend traveling tomorrow and they are going to be at the Airport 3 hours before a flight to Italy as they afraid they will miss flight.

It needs to be sorted urgently...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Went out yesterday and got stuck up in the security mess..

Had fast track but it still took 45 mins to get through, Normal line was going through the airport with I heard 2 hours of delays.

Only 2 scanners open was the issue.

Asked the security guy and he said they won't take on more staff due to covid but it looked to me that we are back to pre covid levels of travel. It's not like they don't know how many are going to show up.

Passport control is easy now they are not checking each passenger for the forms or test results. So there was no queue.

It's not just Dublin, We had to wait for 2 and half hours in Heathrow for our bags and only half showed up, they lost my bag and our car seat, The staff are all furloughed get them in FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

It was pretty bad on Saturday morning too in T1. The security queue was out of the security area, all around the check in desks. It took us around 20 minutes I think to get to the boarding pass scan machines, then another half an hour or so. Only.4 open belts that I could see.

Advertisement