Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to rent in Italy

• 29-08-2021 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am planning a move to Italy and want to rent an apartment or house for my wife and kids but it is proving very difficult. I have found many properties on the popular websites like immobiliare and idealista, but i get no reply from anyone. Even the ones that are agency posted are giving me no replies. I have sent emails as well as private messages in both English and Italian. I am now 2 months trying to find a place and it is getting to be frustrating. And these adverts are getting edited and reposted so i know they are still available.

Has anyone any tips or a route that is tried and tested? I know many students can get shared accommodation easy enough but a family home seems to be impossible.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Rent Air B n B for a month so you can view places while you're over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Could be a general Covid hangover, reluctance to engage with people from overseas when there are local options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Irishbeard40

Will do the Air B&B. Hadn't even thought about that option. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Irishbeard40

It is possible yes. I may have to include vaccine proof and negative covid tests when sending through communication. Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Have you an Italian phone number? Have you an Italian employment contract/proof of income?

I've rented 2 places in Italy but both times was on site. Places went very quickly and I can't imagine anyone being interested in replaying to someone living abroad. Try being on site in an AirBnB as recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Have you called directly the agency that advertises the property you like?

I live in Italy, and a person I know (Italian too) was looking for an apartment to rent and was able to get in touch with all the agencies. What I know was that the person would call directly the agency (or the seller) to have more info.

Advertisement