Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Air 4th generation 64gb WiFi price difference.

• 29-08-2021 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I Bought an iPad Air 4th generation 64gb WiFi only for a “ back to school present" for €679 in a well known electrical retail outlet in Dublin recently.

To my disbelief the same model is for sale in phone/computer repair and sales shops in Dublin for €539 Can't believe the price difference. I contacted one of theses shops and they confirmed the iPads for sale where new (not refurbished) and came with a full 12 month apple warranty but would not discuss price difference. Can someone please tell me how it’s possible to sell the same iPad €140 cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

24 cans diet coke €15 Tesco

12 cans diet coke €4.99 Lidl.

Different shops, different prices.

Competitive market economy.

As they say, shop around.

Personally I would have gone for refurbished - iPad 7th gen, 128 GB, bought today from refurb.ie for €359 with 12 months warranty.

Edit - price seems to be €679 almost everywhere. £579 in the UK, but some recent price reductions here and there including Amazon.

At €539, I'd be very wary especially if it's not an official reseller. I would suspect it's a factory refurb, even if they are saying otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Apple are very good at keeping retail prices consistent across all outlets, price fixing not allowed but they pull it off by keeping margins for the retailer very low.

The RRP is €679 - not sure where you're seeing it at €539 but I would be suspicious unless it's a verified reseller or a bone fide sale offer. Even on sale, Apple products very rarely get more than 10% discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If it's the seller on adverts that says they are in Dublin 1, it is 100% a factory refurbished iPad.

As these are refurbished by Apple and come sealed, they claim "brand new".

Here's another description from the seller for a different item -

Brand new iPhone 7 (Apple Certified Pre-Owned)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I actually had an iPad Air 4th Gen delivered from Amazon today from their Warehouse deals last week.

IPad is perfect condition and not a mark on it. Came in the original box but no cable or plug. Total cost was €420 but I was overcharged Vat so am due €30ish back from Amazon.

Can't complain about that. When I check the serial number on Apple it's still in warranty until May next year. I don't see an option to buy an extended warranty but I doubt I'd need it.

Advertisement