Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader adding employees?

Options
  • 30-08-2021 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi, could someone please explain the process for adding an employee to a business for someone who is registered as a sole trader? Do they need to sign up to a paid payroll service? Appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The process is the same as any company. It is important that you get them to sign an employee contract that will have all the details of the job and what is expected of them. The cost of the employee is deducted from your end of year profits (your pay). Owners cannot be employees.

If you have no experience of payroll/employment contracts then I would employ someone who has, to do it for you.

Good luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I assume you have an accountant... they will advise....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Payroll services are fairly cheap and considering you will (presumably) be getting a 52% tax deduction it should not be too onerous

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aimsir_te

Maybe you have all this figured out but the advice I was given, and took, was to pay for payroll software to make life easier. I use collsoft and am happy with it.

Advertisement