Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Co Dublin - puncture on africa twin.

Options
  • 31-08-2021 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭

Got a front puncture on my africa twin (tubed tyre). I can't get any air into it at all. Can anyone recommend a company that does mobile repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

This is not mobile repair but it is an option. Do you have breakdown recovery on your insurance?

Some policies don't cover it at the home but I'd say chance your arm anyway even if your one doesn't.

Get it brought to a bike shop used to dealing with these sort of things. Tube will have to be ordered if you don't have one spare already so ring ahead so they can order one in.

Have tube tyres too, punctures are whole lot of hassle compared to tubeless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Hi Keith

Yea unfortunately it happened on a Sunday, so I used the breakdown recovery to get me home. My usual mechanic is away for a couple of weeks, so it looks like I'll wait for him to come back. thanks for the reply anyway!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why not whip the wheel off? You can bring it anywhere to be fixed from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Yea that's the plan now. Just looking out for a socket set at the moment!

Advertisement