Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Hotel/Capark

Options
  • 31-08-2021 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

I asked this on Reddit and got some great ideas, even found a deal on Raddison Blu on facebook.

BUT...Herself has lymphoma so cant walk THAT much and it seems most hotels with free or good rates will be 15-30 minutes walk or pay 20 plus euro on buses

So im not sure if anyone can add any ideas etc, thanks

Looking to go up to see the Christmas market (AGAIN, shes like a child over Christmas) in November and have looked and looked and seems you are looking at E30 to park as no hotel has free parking. I know wont get free, but not E30 in some rundown shopping center car-park

We did stay in the IBIS the last time, but didn't like the hotel at all (room felt cold, shower-toilet etc was one plastic thing like off a building site and then breakfast was as good as in reception and just wheeled out, then the street to walk up to main street ruff to say least)

Nearly thinking of miles out an pay parking for the few hours we go market etc, but like to walk in and out the city a few times. Then was thinking drop her with bags and if a cheap and safe car-park and I could walk to hotel and do reverse going

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

20 plus euro on buses? Get yourselves a day ticket. It is only a few quid and you can use it unlimited times on unlimited routes that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sorry for the two days for an unlimited pass, i was looking and cost about 16 for two one day passes for I assume one company (guessing like when went Liverpool an had different companies and their passes etc)

Im trying to see what the cost of parking or a bus is or looking like Ibis as parking be six pound for sunday then free other two days. Crap hotel but works out cheapest and beside main street and tipped off to go maggie mays (which is beside it) and can at least avoid crap breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

16 euro for unlimited bus journeys for Two people over two days is cheap. It is all the one bus company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Yeah I suppose it is

But if paying that then nearly the same as paying parking.

Plus from say Radisson blu you're still walking 10 or so minutes

The joys of a city break

Advertisement