Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Dura-Ace 9200 revealed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Available now on bike components for close to 4,200.

Pretty steep price for a groupset but as per previous comments I would expect it to drop over the next few months. Still out of my price range though 😔.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭hesker

Utterly ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

An acquaintance of mine tried to order it from Bike Components and no 50-34's in stock for 4-12 weeks, which means they don't know and are just guessing. He asked them on chat to change it to 52-36 now. He got the impression they only got a few of each into stock. The only positive thing I have heard from my LBS who have got bikes in fully built up with 12 speed is the shifting feels a little smoother, no noticeable difference with the extra gear. And of course no faffing around with di2 cables from shifters.

Remains to be seen how reliable the rear mech will be given it has the functionality of charging, d-fly and junction box all built in. Also they had to use the newest d-fly software to run diagnostics/check updates as it only works with the new batteries (which has new smarts built in) and the software not backwards compatible with batteries on the 11 speed. Also the indexing setup is much cleverer using the android app. Just turn the cranks and make adjustments when the app tells you. Shimano only offer training courses at your own expense in the UK so they had to figure it out for themselves.

Advertisement