Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2021 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭pauldry

Imagine most days 18c or 19c and most nights 12c or 13c. And cloudy with the odd sunny spell and no wind. June was actually cold here but still dry cloudy and boring. There's been an abundance of dry cloudy and boring weather in the Northwest this past few months. Day temperatures are slightly above normal but night temperatures are well up to 3c above normal.

In the future I only expect more cloud so a cold Winter is a thing of the past however a short snowy period can still happen. There's too much cloud nowadays for any prolonged frost. I fear that because the sea has warmed slightly its increasing the cloud over us and holding more moisture.

Yes the cold spells seem to be pushed back all the time and any forecast of one seems to be moderated at best. Probably 14c by day and 8c by night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes 😅 and I can understand that 100%. The only good thing of weather like this for me is to get projects done when I'm not distracted by any exciting or sunny weather outside and having the will to chase the snow, storms and sunshine. But I would rather be outside enjoying the latter and capturing the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I've really enjoyed this September but if it wasn't for the warm spell towards the end of the first week and last weekend's sunny weather this would have been a very cloudy month. I have enjoyed the mild to warm temperatures and have already saved on heating. Normally the fire would already be started by now.

This time last year my garden was already a swamp after the dull, wet and cool summer of 2020 and the deluge that followed the fine spell at the start of September 2020. This year the ground is very hard indeed from an overall lack of rain since March.

However we are almost one third of the way through Autumn so while the mild/warm temperatures are nice, I think it's time to let Autumn descend now.

I would love to see October dominated by high pressure with inversion getting going and lots of foggy and frosty nights. Let November be the wet and stormy month before hopefully the cold gets going from December.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Just be glad were getting our Bartlett High now when we can get some good out of it. The same high in winter would cause mayhem here with its lack of show. Then where would you all be, eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sunshine this morning. It might be boring to some, but being able to work outside without the wind and rain is fine by me. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭pauldry

Windy.

Autumn has arrived...but its still 18c

However cooler days next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭lolie

After what was a beautiful blue sky morning its clouded over now.

Still very mild with a nice breeze, 18c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭6541

I just want it to get cooler. I feel it has been really humid now for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Yep. Getting ridiculous at this stage. Last night for example yet another very mild night, minimum temperatures well up into double figures. This isn't Autumn ,its **llox.....even for Early autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dont know how this compares with the rest of the country, was just thinking that it seems like we have had a lot of dry spells this year compared to normal and checked my weather records. If it rained every day from now until the end of the year I'd still have recorded the least wet days since I started recording here:

Could also end up the driest year too, still a fair bit to go, again its noticeable how many months have been unusually dry:

All records at - https://www.loughlinstown.ie/records.html

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day here in Meath, warm and sunny at times if a bit breezy. Temperature currently 20C.

I'm really enjoying this weather but it's getting to the point where it is becoming unnatural as we enter the 4th week of Autumn, summer perhaps starting to overstay it's welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Billcarson

When Autumn does arrive I'd say it will outstay its welcome aswell.

In other words one long Autumn, no winter . One long Autumn till March.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

2021: The Year of the Endless Summer.

Working outside for much of the day, and you would be forgiven for thinking it was a mid-July and not late September.

New Moon

next 3 days will remain warm with night time temperatures well above average.

Tonight could be even milder than last night with temperatures struggling to go below 16C in some places.

Temperatures tomorrow up to 20 or 21C in some eastern and southern areas.

Friday could get to 21 or 22C in places if we get decent spells of sunshine.

Temperatures could reach 20C on both Saturday and Sunday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Another lovely sunny day here in South West Dublin, long may it continue although finally looking at a breakdown sometime Sunday evening to cool wet weather for those that are looking for this type of weather,hopefully conditions won't be too bad here in the east

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Has been a lovely sunny day near Howth too with passing high cloud every now and then, no complaints today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

We're going to be in mid-October still getting 17 degrees with no rain at all at this rate. It would take a mamooth change to shift this dry heat. The only indication that we are not in July/August is the 7:30pm darkness from what I can tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭The Silver Branch

For me this weather is beautiful. In my shorts and t-shirt at 18c heading towards 8pm.

The clocks go back on 31 October, dark at 5 for most of us. We'll have wind and rain and wind and rain. We'll have layers on us to keep out rain, cold or both.

The opposite of today is 22 March. I remember snow on that date more often than the 22 November or December. Likewise it's no surprise today is warmer than its equivalent May or June day.

I'd imagine most people into athletics, cycling etc prefer this weather? No cycling against wind. As an asthmatic running is easier than frosty air hitting the lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,151 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

For someone like myself who loves walking and hiking, swimming in the sea, and cycles to work, this is just perfect weather. I really can't understand why people want messy windy sh*t, it just makes life much more difficult and miserable. Don't worry, it will come, it always does.

Messy windy **** is standard Irish weather at this time of year. We are likely to finish with one of the warmest, if not the warmest September's on record. Does this not concern you?

New Moon

• Advertisement

You have a whole thread for this kind of stuff buddy.

I'm not your 'buddy'.

You are quick to support the perils of climate change on the other thread. Yet on this thread you dismiss anyone who yearns for average weather.

New Moon

I'm going to say it again, I hope the rest of this Autumn and coming winter gives us a sharp reminder of just where we are in the world. Storm after storm after unmerciful storm. That should get rid of this recent infestation of 'nice weather' tyrants on here.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guys, can’t people just live and let live on here without having to nitpick the opposite view to yours? All the back and forth is getting tiring.

There's one trouble maker here who is BFFs with the climate change denier mods so he ain't going anywhere

Which doesn't address the point I made at all, which is exactly the intention.

New Moon

Was 2006 as mild as this September? I know very wet, so a different type of month. Some of the posters here might know.

• Advertisement

Being called a 'trouble maker' because I asked you a simple question.

New Moon

Advertisement