Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2021 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

I've caught and put a few out already. Manys a frog I've seen on the doorstep but none get in as i make sure the door is closed, i learned my lesson with mice years ago.

A few light showers in the afternoon and a nice rainbow this evening.

Currently clear and cool out, 8c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Oh I have learned my lesson too sure last year I was pulling the curtains over and a mouse bounced off my head and under the couch ugh I really hope it doesn't happen again, love the rainbow pic it's beautiful 😍

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from Greystones....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful Sunrise

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Those photos are stunning!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Láidir agus Dílis

Fairly nondescript sort of day in the south midlands. It's pleasant enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A dark wet day here in Castlebar with persistent rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

It has been thoroughly miserable in North Kildare since mid-morning, alternating between heavy drizzle with poor visibility and light to moderate rain with a very low cloud base. Feels cool as well. Put upstairs heating on for a half hour a short while. First time upstairs heating has been on since mid-Spring.

6 months of this kind of summer is what most countries get. Except for July it was hardly warm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

miserable day here in Meath, heavy drizzly rain all morning and fairly chilly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Did somebody turn on the summer switch !

16.8C now here in Kerry, dull all morning from low cloud with waves of mist and drizzle and light rain earlier, amounts low so far at 2.6mm. Feeling very humid and sticky with a Rh of 86%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Cool and wet, very wet, in Leitrim.

Lovely and mild now till Saturday 16c at the moment, it was 4c last night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

warm af in Dublin, enjoying it before the months and months of cold

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Status Yellow rainfall warning for Donegal, Leitrim, Mayo Galway and Sligo issued by Met Eireann.

After a rainful day yesterday we have more to come.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

big improvement after yesterdays chill and rain. Very warm today also, feels like summer again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Big differences over such a small area with mist, bordering on fog, here all day.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rotten day in cork city too, since I woke at 7am really. Ranging from light mist to heavy mist with mostly heavy mist since around 2ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Nice autumnal day in D24 today. Smell of Halloween in the air.

Today was warm but a complete waste of very warm uppers at this time of the year and with all the cloud combined. It's as bad as getting -10C uppers in late April. High pressure could stick around for quite a while so hopefully we will see more in the way of sunshine over the next week although it will become cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Happened upon Linda Hughes (RTE weather presenter) on Tinder. Swiped right and told me I reached my daily limit. 😭

She looks better on the Tinder than on tv. Great body!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Brutal couple of days in Cork, this really is the worst kind of weather.

Not nice at all but the forecast looks great for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lovely day in Sligo now.

Sun shining and 19.4c

Total rain today so far 1mm

Was predicted to be 30mm

Even that heavy rain is holding out West at present

What fresh hell is this. Warm weather in October. Perhaps November will be bucketing down and freezing cold. I love 'bad' weather. I want to jump in puddles and wear scarves the same length as myself.

a lovely day today in Meath, another warm day and sunshine in the afternoon. Could be in for another dry month here in Meath with very little rain so far this month and the next 7 to 10 days looks almost dry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭pauldry

60mm of rain in the Southwest today and 13.1mm in Sherkin in past hour alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Bucketing down in Galway City horrible night

Wonder if there could be spot flooding in the west and south tonight I know their in a warning but ya know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

No shortage of rain here either in Mayo tonight or indeed over the past couple of days. It has been quite wet here near Castlebar since earlier this afternoon and it is coming down quite heavily now. (I actually see that Newport here in Mayo has just registered 9.5mm of rain in the recent 1.00am reports). Local rivers and streams are well filled up again. It has also been noticeably mild and humid.

A family member sent me a pic below from Dublin yesterday morning (Friday) as the day broke and not for the first time this week, there was a lovely shot of morning colour in some eastern parts of the country.

Personally, I am hoping that the forecasted area of high pressure will settle things down for a little while and I for one would certainly welcome a few dry and hopefully bright days at this stage.

Advertisement