Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car rental

• 01-09-2021 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi I'm in the process of learning to drive and I've done all the lessons. Unfortunately I don't have access to a car and I want to get a lot more practice up before doing the test. I've tried looking into rental companies but most won't rent a car to a learner. Does anyone know any companies that might do it? Or is there even any people who rent their cars out?

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

even a quick google would show that this isnt possible in ireland, you just have to take more lessons or buy a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You must have a person accompany at all times, maybe they have a car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Pay your ADI for more lessons if you don't know someone with a car and a few grand to spare to add you to their policy.

To rent a car you need a full licence for 2 years from nearly every company. None will rent to a person holding a learners permit.

Advertisement