Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Device purchased through Amazon marketplace - seller won't repair

Options
  • 01-09-2021 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭

I purchased a Meaco dehumidifer through Amazon in October of last year. All was good until it stopped taking in water a while ago. Got in contact with Meaco's support, who went over some basic troubleshooting (including a "bathroom test"), which didn't work. When it came to sending it back for repair, they said they only repair devices from within mainland UK. Item comes with 2 year warranty.

I contacted Amazon. Between speaking with different reps, I've been given the runaround with different answers depending on who I was talking to. I have been told:

• Meaco would be ordered to provide me with a return label (they didn't - they simply told me I wasn't eligible for an exchange and Amazon said they'd file a claim - they didn't)
    • Amazon will escalate - they didn't and subsequent agent said previous agent gave me wrong info
    • Order would be covered by AtoZ scheme - subsequent agent said I can't because purchase is more than 6 months old

I'm not sure what else I can do. I've read Amazon's AtoZ page and I don't think they can cover it, but the charter says the seller is eligible to provide a refund. But Meaco refusing to help doesn't seem right.

Any idea what I should do next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Marketplace probably means 3rd party seller.

As they are probably based in the UK and UK is out of the EU, there's little you can do from a legal perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭bdmc16

I had this issue and was a hard lesson to only ever buy from ‘sold and dispatched’ by Amazon or sold by a 3p but ‘dispatched’ by Amazon.

Buying exclusively from a 3p was a nightmare if you had issues pre brexit but now they are not worth the hassle . Many of those 3p seller have same listing on eBay too so at least you have PayPal protection on eBay. .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ugh, I was afraid that something brexit-ey would come into play here. May as well take it apart and see if I can repair it myself

Advertisement