Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separation - husband resistant

2»

Comments

The OP hasn't mentioned any children together, so I think its safe to presume they don't have any, which makes the issue of which parent gets to stay in the house after they separate irrelevant to their situation.

This is crazy. Like very many people I lived in many places growing up simply because of my father's job. Many others simply buy different homes when their financial circumstances change. This is very normal in the Ireland in which I live, most especially among upwardly mobile career-focused people. Who actually comes up with this crap which would condemn a father to the poverty of renting in Dublin because the kids might be "upset" if they have to move home? Jesus Christ almighty. Law reform cannot come soon enough to this backward, benighted State.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Irish judges have always sought to cause minimal disruption to the kids of separating parents especially if they are young on the basis that kids are blameless in a marital breakdown. Typically the spouse with whom the kids normally reside gets to stay in the family home and that spouse buys out the other spouses share.

Advertisement