Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Navara, rusted chassis

• 02-09-2021 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27

I know this has been done so many times and ive read through losts of posts but cant find one similar

My husband has a 11 Nissan Navara, was a beautiful jeep and he looked after it really well passes its DOE / CRVT every year. In 2018 he got a letter to bring to a main dealer as part of the recall which we knew nothing about. It was deemed to have passed the inspection and the chassis was sprayed by a main dealer. Roll on 3 years....last week driving kids to school the fuel tank strap came off and he brought to a garage. The garage on looking at it said the whole chassis is rusted, they determine it was likely that the rust was just sprayed over three years previously. We being told by Nissan Ireland and the main dealer that there is now no comeback and the issue closed in March 2020. We cant afford a new work van but he has to work.....have we any comeback? is it worth getting an insurance inspection/ assessor involved, or a solicitor?

I would appreciate any advice...very worried now

Post edited by biko on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭Dirty Nails

I wouldn't guarantee you any success but I'd spend a few hundred on an engineers report & a solicitors letter. Mention the Sunday World to them also.

Depending on the amount of rust,getting it plated might be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I also had a 2012 d40 that had the recall done. They were meant to remove the back tub and treat it inside and out. They did not do this, they didn't even pressure wash under it, just sprayed over dirt. I did a proper job on it myself. not that that is any help to you. But like previously said they are repairable.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jcb21

Worked in a parts department in a nissan dealership during this recall. As said above the tub had to be removed chassis cleaned and sprayed and tub put back on.

In the dealership i was in it was done correctly but i have seen and have beed told about some that were just painted over.

You should be able to buy the fuel tank strap separately. That wouldn't have been treated at the time but if it was that badly rusted you should have been informed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

If it needs plating , there is a group on FB for this .

There is a lad in the uk called Richie Holmes that supplies the plating kit for them

Advertisement