Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listing tons of retail items on website...?

Options
  • 02-09-2021 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I'm wondering what solutions are out there for listing hundreds, or even thousands, of retail items on a store website?

I've seen some solutions but nothing that quite fits...

I'll probably be using OSCommerce/WP as the online store.

Is there a central database of pics and product descriptions for barcoded items? And if not.

How likely are distributors and suppliers to have this info handy? Will they play ball?

How did you overcome this issue for your click-n-brick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

You should be able to upload it via a csv file.

We have 2,100 items at present. The initial upload was over 10 years ago and we just sent a csv to the guy doing the website.

As new items are about 200 a year spread over 12 months, they are added one by one as its quicker.

Even with 2100 items, 90% of our sales come from the top 500. Problem is, if we didn't have the the other 1600, we wouldn't have the business for the main range. Current stock value @ cost is in excess of €400,000 :(

Advertisement