Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I set a limit for purchases with my debit card?

Options
  • 02-09-2021 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

As per the title, don't want my account to be emptied if my card is lost/stolen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Declan

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The most important thing to do if your card has been lost or stolen is to contact us immediately on 1800 946 764 or on +353 56775 7007 if calling from abroad. My colleagues are available on these numbers 24 hours, 7 days a week. We can cancel your card with immediate effect which will safeguard your account

We can certainly reduce your card limit per day if you wish to do so. Visa debit cards are set at a maximum amount of 25,000 euro per day on accounts but we can amend this for you. There is also a limit on what can be withdrawn at ATM machines too depending on your account type if you wish to reduce this if your pin was ever disclosed also. You can contact my colleagues in customer service on 0818365365 from ROI or on +353 1 404 4000 if calling from abroad or you can send us message by going to services on your app and scroll down to send us a message to request the above

Hope this helps

Thanks

Declan

Advertisement