Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare wifi

Options
  • 02-09-2021 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Anyone using Clare wifi and would you recommend it. Out in West Clare and currently with three but the evenings are rubbish now.

Anyone know how they provide service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I'm using Clare's WiFi too, we've had free WiFi since she moved in next door cause she's got no password.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Quite funny 😉 but unhelpful sir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Depends on what you're getting from them I'd say. If it's ADSL it's going to go to crap in the evening when everybody on the road starts streaming video. Less so than with 3G/4G though perhaps.

That "air fibre" service where they aim a dish and your house could be really good or really bad depending on line of sight and how far off axis you are or whatever.

A guy contacted me to say in was in an area that could get their 30mb package depending on line of sight. Id imagine thats somesort of wireess connection, possibly using a sector on a mobile mast. He hasnt got back to me since i asked how that service will be delivered.

Really looking at all local alternatives to the mobile providers as the evenings are getting so bad now. If all else fails ill bite the bullet and order star link but thats expensive at 99 an month plus 499 for the dish receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Where back west are you as there are a few wireless options.

Wireless broadband is better described as over the air Broadband, basically small antenna unit pointed at a mast with a dedicated main base unit supplying x amount of connections

• Advertisement

Cranny,. Half way between Ennis and kilrush.. Thinking starlink will be the only way the future proof with proper speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fenderrrman

Did you end up going with Clare WiFi and if so how is it? I'm in a similar situation and they seem to be the best option

Advertisement