Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing closed account statements without account number

Options
  • 03-09-2021 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am trying to access the statements of a business current account that I think was closed in 2017 or 2018. Before I launch into the details, I should note I don’t have the account number for the account, it’s been years since it was used.

I need to access the account info for tax purposes, as it’s possible I may need to report the balance in the account under US tax law.

Unfortunately I have very little information to go on; I don’t have the account number or a debit card number, just the account name, the account address, and the names of the three signatories, one of whom is myself.

Two associates and I set up a business current account in 2017 with the intent to set up a business. We never ended up trading using the account. I think we closed the account in 2017 or 2018, however I can’t be sure of the exact year, it could have been more recent.

I have also been on the phone with another BOI branch, business customer service, and today visited a branch in person to try and see how I can get the info for the account. All the staff I spoke to told me it’s not possible to do so without the account number. However I suspect that the bank does keep historical data on closed accounts, but it’s just not accessible via the normal systems that branch personnel have access to.

I am writing to enquire how I might request the statements for this closed account from the opening date to the closing date. If you cannot refer me to the correct procedure or department, then please let me know which Bank of Ireland department I should write a physical letter to. It’s important that I do my due diligence here with regard to finding out this information, and I would like to exhaust every last possible option.

I really appreciate your help in this matter! Please let me know if you need any more info from me.

Kindest regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Declan

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today and I'm sorry to hear the issues you have experienced in requesting the statements.

The best advice I can give you from here is to visit the account holding branch, i.e where the account was originally set up, if this is possible and to speak with the business advisor there to resolve this issue.

Unfortunately if the account is closed we cannot access the account details over the phone with the business advisor team. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement