Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malaga Marathon 12th December 2021

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

Got the job done today.

Went out behind 4:15 pacer with the intention of passing after 2 K and try and reel a sub 4. Still behind him @ 7K and under sub 4 pace. Shocking pacing. Loo stop @15K got to halfway 2:02 as a results. Tried to push on but wheels started to come off after 30K and threw up shortly after 35K. Plodding along with the intention of a possible sub 4:15. Pacer passed me @ 37K flying. Run walk to the finish came in 4:15:40 I would say the pacer was sub 4:10

In my experience there never has been many portoloos at the start of Spanish Marathons. Runners tend to find side of the road/park and this includes the ladies.

I felt the run in the last 3-4K the surface was extremely slipy other then that a relatively good course didn't think the rain was that bad and was welcome at times as I was overheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭longrunn

Was a great weekend over in Malaga. Travelled over from Cork on Friday and back Monday. Huge crowd from Cork travelled over for it. Loads of barr's and watergrasshill runners. The weather on Saturday and Monday was as good as a decent summer's day in Ireland. It was a bit warm and humid on Sunday morning during the race but there was some rain too which was quite welcome. I'd definitely go back, just wish it was a week or two earlier as it's just a bit too close to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭a/tel

I was one of those Barr's athletes!!. Great weekend, ran the half and was very enjoyable.

Advertisement