Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car finance for Pensioners

Options
  • 04-09-2021 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone could help.

We (my wife and I) are both on Irish pension and are trying without success to get finance for a new car. Nothing fancy just a basic bottom of the range small car, Micra, Yaris etc.

We do not have a mortgage and no outstanding loans of any kind. We are able to repay €400 per month and wanted finance over 3 years. We have a trade in valued at €6000 and have a further €3000 deposit which would amount to nearly 50% of the value of the car but after trying 3 different companies have given up.

I do not understand why these companies will not lend to pensioners? I have checked our credit rating and we are all clear.

Just wondered if anyone else is in the same boat or if anyone knew of a way around this, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Mack

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

Advertisement