Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

27" 1440p 144hz Freesync monitor suggestions

Options
  • 04-09-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking to replace my current BenQ XL2730Z TN monitor that is starting to show grey lines at the bottom of the screen.

If I make my screen white, it shows darker areas flowing from the bottom up , if I turn off the monitor but leave it plugged in, these areas stay brighter. If I unplug the power cable they go away.

This is a what it looks like (its not my picture just shows it well). https://imgur.com/a/FloN0

Whats the current advice on monitors to aim for?

Games wise total war series, bit of wow and Crusader Kings3 are my current games, Its being used more for WFH so i notice it more on the white background. GPU is Vega 64 and CPU is Ryzen 3600X. Would prefer to get another high refresh screen if I can.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I find the following good for monitor reviews:

RTINGS.com

Display Ninja

Techspot / Hardware Unboxed (youtube)

LG (IPS) and Samsung (VA) are safe bets, as are Asus TUF - just set a budget and read reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I just bought an LG 27GP850 from komplett for €500. It had some fairly good reviews and it seems good but I haven't had a chance to test it properly yet.

I have a Vega64 too and an AMD 3600 and I was surprised how much I had to turn things down to get a good framerate so it's worth bearing that in mind.

Advertisement