Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rocn n river trekking pole

Options
  • 05-09-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

anybody used a trekking pole simialr to use..i got this a few weeka ago..howver i notice when i tighten the 2 clasps..it doesnt seem to sustain my weight if am going downhill..i am about 70kg so no that nearby..any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm not familiar with that make, but a couple of general things (assuming they're similar to my Leki poles) ...

First you need to loosen the clasp and locate a small, usually plastic, wheel and turn it clockwise a little, probably only a quarter or half turn, you may need a flat head screwdriver. to do this Then try closing the clasp again, it should feel tighter. If you overdo the adjustment you won't be able to close the clasp at all, so back it off a bit until you can close it with a decent amount, but not too much pressure.

Secondly, the bottom section on most poles is tapered towards the end. If you try and fasten the clasp too low down, it won't grip enough and will give way. The best strategy is to make sure each section is of equal length, there's usually markings on the sections in cm, so just play around with them a bit, making sure each section is on the same setting, until you find the ideal length, on my Leki poles, for example, it's 125cm, but will vary depending how tall you are.

This is what the wheel looks like on mine for reference ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Honestly, I don't know why I bothered typing all that, not even a thank.

Advertisement