Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to change to office role, open to anything in an office environment.

Options
  • 05-09-2021 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently a chef and I am trying to change to an office role. I am open to most opportunities for example Administration, Clerical officer, Data entry etc.

I have a QQI Level 8 in culinary arts and a QQI Level 6 in Information & technology.

I really should have pursued a career in something office-based and this has been a major regret now, as I am 28.

I am actively applying for CO, EO and AO roles in the civil service and so far no luck!

I am wondering what should I do now? I'm not sure if I want to go back to further study, but I will if I had to. Although I would prefer to get into a company and work my way up like that.

What are my options?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I am wits end in my current industry. Send help! 😅

Advertisement