Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 1 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

impressive drive there. Brady making it look easy. If Dallas want to stay in this it looks like it will need to be a shootout.

Here we go , shootout is on. Great reply by the Cowboys.

Cowboys with absolutely no pressure up front. Brady is having a field day, all day back there, not a hand on him.

2 terrible misses from Zeurlein, both around 30 yards and missed by miles, both of them.

oooof , another turnover from Tampa Bay......goes down as an int, but Fournettes fault.

• Advertisement

Thank god Zeurlein hit that from 35 or he might have been out of a job after week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

TB looking fcking great

Brady torching this Dallas D. Apart from the turnovers they are having no problems with this D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Simple aul game. 2 plays, 57 yards, TD. Lol

Wow, i don't understand that at all. Dumpster fire end to that drive, but had the managed it a bit better, maybe they'd have a hail mary try. Now Brady has 20 seconds and a time out from the 50!

• Advertisement

ah they used their timeout. Still gave Tampa 3 plays from the 50.....man that would have been insane had he returned that. I'd love to see the spidercam or all-22 of that, cos i bet there weren't many fast players back there to chase him down.....seemed like he ran into the wrong area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Somewhat enjoyable first half (!!)

Nice of Dallas to ease Dak back into it after suffering from shoulder fatigue. Just the 32 pass attempts that half.

record for the most pass attempts in a game is 70 - Drew Bledsoe in 1994. Prescott is up to 41

Dallas can't afford any more slip ups (or field goals) from here on in if they want any chance to win. Thought the Dak throw into traffic was a bit reckless (even though the receiver dropped a well thrown ball)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Brady to Gronk.. HOW LONG CAN THEY KEEP DOING THIS?? It's phenomenal

Yeah, hard to believe he had retired looking like injuries had caught up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dak looks very good in his first game back. How about the Bucs punter though? He's been brilliant.

What a huge run for 1st on 3rd and 1. Dallas have to hold Tampa to a FG on this drive.

Wow, what a turnover. Defender with ideas of 100 yard fumble return. shudda taken a knee!

That was pretty much game there had they scored the TD. 9 points up with less than 5 to go. Now Dallas can win it with a FG (recalling my earlier comment that they can't win with field goals)

• Advertisement

Huuuuge holding call there, wipes out a 20 yard gain to the TB 40 and leaves them 2 & 20 from their own 30......probably the right call though.

Very impressed by Prescott I have to say. Standing in under quite a bit of pressure and delivering.

Mike McCarthy giving Tom Brady a little extra time with that timeout, should he need it of course.

and then Elliot runs out of bounds on the catch......this is rough.......holding anyway....not sure I'd give Prescott he extra down.....

here we go. gotta say i feel like i've seen this scenario 100 times before.

not sure about the Cowboys tactic of not covering Gronk at all....

Looked a bit pass interferencey to me....but still a great throw.

Well the Buccs probably did deserve to win the game, the Cowboys blew that last drive imo. Bad clock management, and possibly an argument to go for the first down instead of kicking a FG (looking at how the rest of the game had gone)

What a great game to open the season though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Only caught the last 5 minutes seemed a hell of a game. Knew the Bucs and Brady were left with too much time and ultimately they got the fg

Advertisement