Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 1 thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The KC bench got an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Harrison of the browns was ejected after stepping on a chiefs player on the ground. Messy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Yes, I have to agree. Such a b1tch move the old icing the kicker thing. Absolutely hate it.

Saints don't look like they're missing a beat without Brees. in fact, his arm was so compromised last year, is it possible they are better this year without him (not talking about prime Brees obviously)

Poor Defense from the Broncos there, bad tackling, bad positioning. Too easy. Really thought they would beat the Giants easily today.

• Advertisement

Looks like a 4th down TD run from Landry to me.

Come on, some of this double screen timing is terrible on red zone.

TD browns because it was a close call in real time.

I was thinking there was no point in running the ball on 3rd and 13 if you were not willing to go for it on 4th down. Interesting if they still go for it after the Packers TO. Could pin them inside the 10 with a comfortable lead. Can see them punting now. Hate the run call on 3rd down though.

what a pathetic fumble by the receiver in Denver. What the hell was he thinking. Fighting for inches on the 5 yard line after getting the first down? Dumb play.

• Advertisement

well it looked a clear fumble to me. they don;t deserve to get it overturned it was such a stupid play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What's worse, the Packers offence or the Packers defence?

tough call, but i think the defense just shades it :)

AT least with Rodgers you always think it can explode into life.

TD browns. 22-10 browns.

God, i klnow people warned me about Teddy Bridgewater throwing short of the sticks, but that is ridiculous. All a defense has to do is offer him an easy completion short of the sticks on 3rd down and he laps it up. Useless. And it does not show up on the stat sheet, so you will get people bleating about his 69% completion rate and 8 yards avg etc, but 8 yards is no good on 3rd and 10.

Can't see the PF for the sack low on Mac Jones. I suppose they really don;t want defenders down in that area on QBs though.

TD broncos.

TD patriots with Mac Jones first TD.

...and Jones cashes in on it with a nice TD pass. Big difference between 4th and 13 from the 29, to 1st and goal from the 8. Huge penalty call there. Probably a bit too harsh.

• Advertisement

that’s how I took it because they don’t want any room for getting players inured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Christy42

I get it that if they don't have it then defenders will fake falling down to do it so it has to be given. However in this case it works out pretty harsh and a 4 point swing as it was a sack on 3rd down that gave Mac the new set of downs.

Dolphins not helped with the refs messing them out of a free play a little later either. Bill with an excellent game plan to manage Mac into the NFL and not ask much of him game 1.

are the Browns for real this year? some performance in KC today....pushing to get more points with a comfortable lead before the half.

can you not selectively quote part of a post anymore? It's an all or nothing situation? That is a poor backwards step for a forum.

QUOTE: "Dolphins not helped with the refs messing them out of a free play a little later either. Bill with an excellent game plan to manage Mac into the NFL and not ask much of him game 1."

Well anyway, this will have to do......Agreed, the amount of times i have seen Rodgers get this free play....refs too whistle happy there.

What's in the playbook for 4th & 31 then? Hail Mary upcoming.

Ha - that was great. Anothe rplayer sitting on his shoulder and they had a chance there! Still think if they can get a rugby coach in to diagram/coach something up you will see more of that type of play.

I know it’s early but the browns may be for real.

well, can't put that on Bridgewater, the throw wasn't great, but he has to catch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Giants defence getting shredded so far

Broncos huge amount of weapons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Bad interception by the Most Valuable Primadonna.

Advertisement