Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 World Cup of Darts

Options
  • 07-09-2021 9:42am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The World Cup of Darts is on this weekend. The Draw has been made:

2021 Cazoo World Cup of Darts

September 9-12, Sparkassen Arena, Jena

Draw Bracket

(1) England v Brazil

Spain v South Africa

(8) Germany v Canada

Russia v Japan

(4) Belgium v Croatia

Austria v Philippines

(5) Northern Ireland v Hong Kong

Republic of Ireland v Portugal

(2) Wales v Finland

Hungary v Lithuania

(7) Australia v Italy

USA v Sweden

(3) Netherlands v Denmark

Gibraltar v Singapore

(6) Scotland v China

Czech Republic v Poland

Tough enough opening draw for Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

This year sounds like it was a mess trying to organise- Greece are in now for Croatia, New Zealand not able to travel and Russia had to swap Gurbanov for Izotov

Few teams capable of winning it this year than last- Wales (Clayton/Price), Netherlands (MVG/DVD), England (Wade/Chisnall), Scotland (Wright/Henderson)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

An absolute stinker of a draw for Ireland I'd strongly fancy Wales to retain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Think Australia could do well , Whitlock and Heta, especially after what happened to Kyle.

Love this tournament, probably the only unranked one I bother with all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Portugal in round one... bollocks. Well, we're boned unless Marques pulls down De Sousa.

Could work in a favor though. Jose may struggle to get into a rhythm in the pairs format

• Advertisement

Good game there with Czech Republic and Poland. Gawlas looks one for the future and Ratajski showed his class

Jose getting some serious scores in now. O'Connor and Lennon too inconsistent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Jesus Suljovic is an awful dickhead

Hopefully snakebite can get it done here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Delighted for Hendo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Can’t stand him since that snail like performance against Anderson, there’s gamesmanship but that was disgraceful.

He likes to portray himself as a great guy but he’s a knob

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Delighted for Hendo alright, you could see how much it means to him.

I enjoy the World Cup but I think the format needs to change so we see more doubles matches. That's what really sets this tournament apart, not the numerous short singles matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Yeah delighted for big John or not so big John as he is now 😂 I met him at an exhibition a few years back an absolute gentleman he chatted away to us for a couple of hours about everything and anything a top bloke.

Advertisement