Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport security waiting times

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I was told there is no changes in vetting that i know of... its just that non nationals need be checked in where they lived before...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

This is not true. The rules on vetting airline and airport workers changed in January and require enhanced checks. Those who lived abroad have always had to get police checks in those Countries as well. Validity of these background checks also reduced leading to many more current staff needing to renew. All of this has lead to delays in the Garda vetting process.

I was also told that Dublin Airport failed in a security check so its likely this is the reason... anyway it has serious problems it seems... The checks must not have being very thorough as i read where a laptop and other stuff was stolen in the last weeek or so... also one wman gave another one a box...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Went through security this morning around 5.30 am, very short queue, less than 15 minutes to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭vegandinner

Went through fast track T1 this morning at 6.25, took all of 5 mins

• Advertisement

Took an hour in T2 this afternoon. A friend flew out yesterday morning and it only took 10 mins. Seems very unpredictable.

I expect DAA management were aware of this for some time which makes it worse that they let it run and the chaos that could have been avoided had they done their job properly... It seems to be ok now i think...

I could never figure out why there was different time advice for long and short haul flights... i think the security arrangements the same for both...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

You need to be at the airport earlier for a trans Atlantic flight as you have to go through US pre clearance. Hence the different time advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Went through T2 yesterday morning. Parked in short term at 4.20, was through security at 4.35. Flight was at 6.30

There was a bigger queue for breakfast (in the very expensive place upstairs near burger king) than security!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Flew out from T2 last Saturday afternoon, 12:30. Big queue but was moving quite okay. Took me 45 minutes to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Was through security in 15 mins last Saturday morning at around 5am for a 7.30 flight.

That said, I didn't feel the airport was as busy as it might normally be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Today I was through T2 security in 20 mins for a 7.45 flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Staunton96

Flew TFS Monday morning two weeks ago, 20 minute queue. This Monday a 20/25 minute wait but my bag was searched, added about 15 minutes because there was only 1 person searching all of them, and about 70% of them were going into the side to be swabbed and searched - not sure if this is causing a bit of a bottleneck as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

last Saturday T1 morning departure about 11:00, 50 mins to clear security, airside airport bars etc were quiet enough.

I guess the delays meant everyone was getting close to late.

I called it completely wrongly, no fastrack was a mistake and booked the lounge expecting airside facilities to be rammed, they weren't.

The delays in security gave me 20 mins in the lounge.

45 minutes to get from the Green car park to T1.

It was bedlam with a lot of q skipping going on in the middle before the swipe gates.

They also had long waits where they turned off the swipe gates to allow the q at security to move on.

It's p1ss poor and going on too long.

Oh well.

One thing struck me.

Are these delays in the interest of making money.

Fast track booked out, the lounge was very busy at 20e a head. everyone coming in it was their first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

And lets remember people the CEO of DAA is going to be the head of Greencore, this is their reward for this bolloxology

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kelso00

Last Wednesday around 4 pm, 1h 12m in T1 to clear security. Queue started around check in area 7 then turning multiple times thru all zones until usual boarding pass scan point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,107 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Terminal 1 security is/was open 24 hours very recently. Bag drop is a problem, that and people arriving way too early. Also bottleneck flight times. All Dublin based aircraft leave for their first flight in a very very small window of time, certainly in T1

So he is leaving the DAA... Good news wrong man for the job...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jconn

5 of us flying to Nice on Fri morning Ryanair from T1 at 10.45, coming from Galway and planning to be in the car park by 8am and T1 by 8.15, Im hoping those times gives us enough of a buffer for any security queue gridlock on a Fri morning, any advice appreciated?

I think you're underestimating the time from car park arrival to terminal arrival. Double that at least. Security shouldn't be too bad at that time so I'd hope you'd be ok.

• Advertisement

Or half it if youre parking in the Short Term.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

So got someone going out FR at 7.30 in morning from T1. 2 suitcases and already checked in online. So with bag drop and queues, I suppose I am dropping off at 3.30 / 4am ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭bikeman1

If it was me and without little ones (who like to slow the process down!!) my morning would look like.

05:00 Arrive at Terminal 1 and head to Ryanair bag drop.

05:15 Bag Drop done. Head to security, giving yourself 1 hour at peak time.

06:15 Cleared Security, check gate and walk down.

06:35, arrive at gate and wait.

07:00 boarding should commence

07:30 flight departs

They said red, so that's Long term red express? Short term car parks referred to by terminal now.

Took us 45 minutes at 5am recently between arriving at that car park and arriving at terminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It took me less than 10 mins at that time recently from car to the back of a huge queue at terminal 1 - but I was through security in under an hour from parking the car.

And things have improved a lot since then (that was Easter week).

I didn't see mention of a specific carpark, sorry. Still don't actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The advice now is 2.5hrs before your flight to arrive at the terminal so 5am for 7.30 departure.

People arriving before this is what's been partly adding to the issues at security & then further on through air side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

I went through Terminal 1 yesterday , a regular Wednesday afternoon, for a 1700 departure.

Still mayhem - around 30 mins for fast track, about double that for the main queue. People queuing in most of T1 departure concourse.

Do not make the mistake of assuming they have fixed this problem - they have not .

I counted when I got through - only 7 of 15 scanning belts were being used, and one staff belt

I am

Have the numbers traveling out of Dublin Airport doubled... i cannot understand why it is not fixed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,690 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its more like 1500% up on this time last year.

Because hiring staff, training them and obtaining Garda vetting is not an instant process.

Advertisement