Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TRIAX KA TWIN LNB (TRI304472)

• 07-09-2021 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello, we have replaced our satellite dish (120cm) in an effort to get Saorsat reception. We have been advised to get a TRIAX KA TWIN LNB (TRI304472) for this dish. This LNB is no longer available ... would anyone know of a good alternative....we have very poor reception, hence the huge satellite dish🙄

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Apogee

Were you getting Saorsat until now? If yes, why not keep your existing LNB?

You can buy the same LNB using the Inverto brand, but it looks like there is no new stock available.

Armstrong may have it:

http://armstrong-electronics.ie/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=20&product_id=87

Might be worth looking for old stock or secondhand on ebay/donedeal/adverts.ie etc.

Seems kind of daft to be in a situation where RTÉ are using Ka band for Saorsat, but you can't buy an LNB anymore to receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 melmoghra

Hi Apogee, thank you for your help, we had Saorsat until they changed something on it! So we just stuck to Sky! Now, we are leaving Sky and would like to have Saorsat as well as all the FTA channels. We have the FTA using a Zgemma box, but, we cannot get Saorsat. The old LNB is the inverto and it doesn't work ...we got a bigger dish, went from 80cm to 120cm in an effort to get FTA and Saorsat. A friend was helping set this up and used his Triax LNB which gave us a great reception with a very clear picture....so we are trying to get one that is the same as his....I tried Armstrong, KD Electronics, Triax themselves and everywhere in between!!!!!!!!! We are not technically minded, so we are wondering is there another dual lnb that would do the same job as the Triax...we will probably have to go with a single Triax lnb I guess? Again, thank you so much for your interest and suggestions...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Inverto and Triax are the only two brands I remember to ever make Ka-band LNB's.

Both should work the same. Your Inverto must be just faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The most recent change to the parameters was in July 2020. Is that when you lost the signal?

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058088564/technical-changes-for-saorsat-july-2020

Post edited by dxhound2005 on

I'm pretty certain the Inverto and Triax are the same LNB - the Triax one is a rebranded Inverto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

I have 2 of these that I no longer need and good as new. im in Xlare and did not need a 120cm dish for saorsat. i got bracket and lnb from free tv.

When you say saorsat changed what changed. what odel is the zgemma? I used 68cm dish for sky and saorsat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

They were different LNB's neither factory is producing these LNB's anymore. There is nothing available except old stock which is all but sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 melmoghra

Yes we lost it in 2020, there are only about 12 houses affected , and we all lost it 🙄 so 'they' won't be concerned about us!

You only lost it because box needed re-tuning but i have done a bit of digging and signal may have been weakened as well as it was picked up in wales. if you cant get it with a 12OCM with LNB as prime focus then dont pay tv licence. I see you cant get SAORVIEW. Say model of zgemma, is it H2S?

ok good news SAORSAT is still available with a 68CM dish in Clare and using the RT ka sat LNB made in China. using a zgemma H7S with openatv6.4 and a sky skin. Pic quality is very good but I did not spend anytime improving the signal db, I did get over 8db but with a 120cm signal should not be a problem.

Just to add a bit as there is a windfarm near the lcoation its possible the TRIAX LNB that has a filter will work and the RT one wont. I read the original as the RT had died and was not working.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Advertisement

In case you look back on here it looks as if freetv.ie will have the Tiax back in stock by november.

thanks to byte

Just wondering if this ever got resolved - did switching to the Triax make a difference?

Advertisement