Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combi Boiler to supply shower/bath in upstairs bathroom

Options
  • 07-09-2021 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

We got rid of the old system boiler and copper tank in hot press. Got in a combi boiler and its grand to have hot water in the upstairs taps etc.

We have having the bathroom renovated and thinking of running a shower off this combi boiler. The plumber says its not allowable to install a pump to pump mains water. I've seen Salamander have 2 pumps made for use with combi boilers - one regulates flow rate up to 12l/min which I suppose would be ok for a shower. Are those devices just for the UK? I can't find clear regulations about this in Ireland.

Can you help?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's not allowable to run a combi boiler off the mains supply. It's supposed to be Pumped from the cold water tank in the attic. It's the original combi installation that is causing the problem

Salamander has a mains booster pump. Homeboost is the name I think. It is designed to give constant flow & pressure. It can't boost pressure dramatically as its not designed to do this & it would be against building regulations, Irish water regulations and local bylaws if it could do this

Best solution is to run supply to combi bo and to cold water taps, shower from attic tank through a booster pump

Advertisement