Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your biggest What Ifs in wrestling?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think the Eddie one changes everything because with him alive benoit doesn't do what he did either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Doing this purely age related....if WWE went all in on Punk in 2011 I don't think there would be an AEW today.

Instead of investing fully in "the one" that they had from the Indies they stockpiled the lot of them with no particular plan.

When you think about it it was Punk's rage at WWE that fuelled the fans that fuelled AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just to spin off from this. I think, if memory serves correctly, you could also figure Zack Ryder & his Long Island Iced Z VLOG/subsequent push/rise in popularity into this line of thinking too. He was onto something with Long Island Iced Z; but was ultimately **** canned by higher ups cause THEY didn't think of it first.

The Bucks clearly saw what Ryder was doing, ran with it and that was the start of BEING THE ELITE.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,546 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To spin off from this if you are looking Vlogs etc what if Colt hadn’t started The Art of Wresting and shown there was money to be made out of wrestling pods would Conrad have gotten into the podcast business which in turn brought Brother Love back into prominence and got him a job back in the WWE today with what looks like more power than he ever had before.

Punk also would also never would have been on the pod with Colt and their friendship with still be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,699 ✭✭✭✭briany

Totally. Eddie was Chris's rock. Chris's murders/suicide changed wrestling a lot. The media scrutiny which it brought on WWE forced it to go in a much safer, family-friendly direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

What if Dennis Stamp was actually booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What if TBS never merged with Time Warner?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

.... you mean the 1996 deal? Or the AOL merger?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if 'Sting was WWF/WWE' and Undertaker was WCW' back in the 90s

Don't think WCW creative would of been strong enough with the Undertaker character compared to what WWF done. Vince maybe would of kept surfer Sting in place longer and crow Sting might never of happened

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If Eddie lives then rey doesn’t get the title win, at mania at least, although had Eddie lived I can see him dropping it to rey.

I think Benoit was going to do some messed up **** at some point unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement