Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Endo formally signed me off from being a Type 2 Diabetic yesterday

• 08-09-2021 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Waited nearly 2 years for consult.

Diagnosed with an A1c of 6.9%(52) & FBG 7.5 back in Oct 2019.

Hit it hard staright out the gate, lost 5st in 3 months (never ever do this btw).

Gained back blood glucose control over time.

Passed a 75g OGTT in Dec 2020 (3.2 @ 2 hour).

FBG now 4.2 & A1c 4.6% according to Libre Trial while eating 200g carbs per day.

Endo said it's rare but does happen, he signed off 3 patients in 2020.

Now, better not do that again.

Comments

Well done. You should inspire other people, it shows what can actually be done with the right mind focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Well done. That can't have been an easy path, particularly with the weight loss.

The thinking is more and more that diabetes and insulin resistance is a spectrum. From T1 autoimmune beta cell destruction and zero insulin production, to insulin resistance, to age related decline in insulin production, LADA, and even lifestyle acquired via high carb/sedentary lifestyle. Good outline of current thinking https://academic.oup.com/clinchem/article/57/2/158/5621292

Your achievement in gaining remission is absolutely brilliant. I hope you are proud of this, and that those around are too. I don't even know you but, I'm proud of you!

Well done! Well fúcking done 👍😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭apache

That's inspiring. Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 havana21

Well done. What an inspiration gives us all hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Amazing story and congratulations OP.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, is this rare as in to be Signed off from type 2 diabetes diagnosis.

I always assumed a diabetes diagnosis was for life. I primarily ask as I am pre diabetic, possibly related to a Thyroid Disease I have.

Thank you

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Well done. However don't slip back. The result is temporary once you get fat back the insulin resistance will rise up and as result A1C.

Post edited by markmoto on

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Endo said he removed 3 diagnosis's in 2020 but he is stringent.

His criteria are not only a normal, FBG, A1c, you also need to prove you can eat carbs without spiking. I had passed a 75g OGTT back in Dec 2020 & had 2 weeks of CGM data eating 200g carbs a day, gave me an average glucose of 4.6mmol/L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Still it's amazing and well done, my own Endo (Thyroid) a little nervous my being pre diabetic so was just genuinely interested in your story.

Stay safe and well 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Nice one.

I'm currently being newly treated for Type 2 while waiting on blood results to see if I have LADA! Waiting to get called for scans

• Advertisement
Advertisement