Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******* Motors Chat Thread *******

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I see my old Levin is up for sale on Facebook. Recaro's gone(stock seats in it now), alloys gone which were Advan RGB2's(way cheaper alloys on it now) and the exhaust is changed out to a cheaper one. Way more mileage and looking for a lot more than I sold it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

In this day and age there should be automatic filtering on the whole of the internet for our old cars. Trading in my car tomorrow and I’ll just avoid DoneDeal for the next couple of weeks as I don’t want to see what the dealer is selling it for.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

That looks very well! :)

You're right, they are a tad too high.

As for the steering wheel. This is leather, right? I wouldn't be used to such luxury!! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s the same one I was trying to get rid of alright 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Thank you very much for the offer none the less! It was very kind of you! Perhaps someone else could use it?

• Advertisement

Need to replace a front speaker in my car. 2014 BMW 220d coupe. Anyone know the speaker size for the ones in the front door? Or what website would tell me?

Don’t particularly want to take the door card off just to measure it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43 colml cule

Any opinions on newer Renault offerings, specifically Clio or Megane?

I'm wondering about build quality, running costs, reliability etc on what I believe are latest models (Clio V or Megane IV).

A couple of examples:

Anyone have any real world experience, or an eye for what to look out for?

I believe Renault has been around for a long time now and have shaken off any bad reputation it has had?

I can't comment on the Megane but the Clio V is very reliable. And unless you are a badge snob you can get a brand new Dacia Sandero with the same engine for significantly less than that used Clio is going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Renault still have plenty of issues, but if you get a car with the 1.5 diesel engine, it won't be one of them. That thing is bomb proof.

He’s at it again 😀

Doesn’t get much more Irish than pulling a car out of a turf shed!

• Advertisement

I only got around to watch this now. He has some talent. Only one complaint is I'm not sure the headlights came out clear. They look a bit foggy to me but they could be clear in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Would anyone have any idea why callers can't hear me but I can hear them on Bluetooth in a Citroen van.

It's a temporary work vehicle they gave me the other day.

I assume it's the mic but would it be something in the settings?

The van is 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just to rule out the most obvious issue

The obvious being the phone?

It's works fine in my cars but thanks I'll try another phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd try leaving the battery disconnected for 10 minutes if that doesn't do anything I'd probably that a look at the microphone in the van

Thanks , I'll try the battery. I won't go ripping as I could only have it a few days or who knows how long 🙄

According to my trip computer in the car I am getting 4.4 l/100km. That is average but I'm not sure how accurate that is but I'd say it's close enough as when you set it to current it changes when you accelerate hard or go up a hill and goes really low if going down a hill.

That is with petrol since I last filled it. It doesn't calculate for gas for some reason. Just gives and average of how many km left you get for what is in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

See rte1 have a show on monday night about car dealers nadia from ashford motors on it she always on tiktok seems to sell a lot of high end stuff.

I like her on TikTok at the start but she’s turned into a bit of a head wrecker unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Turned into? 😂

Fair point 😂

‘I could’ve sold McGregor’s i8 for a quarter of a million’ But you didn’t and that punch didn’t hurt his popularity, unfortunately.

Meanwhile motoring journos are going on about what an undervalued gem the i8 is…🙄

I had to look her up, she's trying very hard to be some kind of Instagram or tiktok celebrity. I'm sure it's probably why she's appearing in the show. Are they focusing on one dealer in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭User1998

Kylemore cars also feature, they are popular enough on Tiktok too

A bit too old for the whole tiktok thing myself but the show is complete shite

• Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jesus, that program was pure dire stuff. Not surprised by RTE's low standards but if I was any of the garages featured in that I'd be cringing with embaresment right now. The only one with a bit of truth and credit was the Sligo dealer, I don't think I'd darken any of the others doors after watching that. Desperate stuff.

Awful stuff alright, no insight to the prep of a car,the shortage of cars,the breakdown of the cost of a car or even the cost of running a dealership. The carmaxx ad part was just embarrassing and the woman dressing up to make videos of cars was some proper cringe worthy stuff

And they wonder why people don’t want to pay the licence fee…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I seen an 04-D blue Chrysler Neon today. Surprised there is still any out there. It was at Liffey Valley.

Very rare car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement