Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake off 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah he seems like a nice fella but he’s been down the bottom half pretty much every week. It’s surely his time. I am fully prepared to eat my words though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

It's only George and Lizzie who haven't yet been star Baker - she seems to be getting better every week but he seems to scrape through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jürgen's eyebrows 😳

I'd take a garden shears to them if I could!

I can feel diabetes coming on, and I'm only 5 mins in 🤢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

’you can’t eat caramel every day…’

• Advertisement

OK, now I can feel diabetes AND a heart attack coming on 😱

Crystelle's sounds like the winner by far, so far!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Are they basically making a Twix??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Definitely one of the better looking ones as well as compliments on the flavour

Yep!

Took me a few minutes to twig (boom boom!!)

Oh, George 🙈😳

• Advertisement

How did they all have soft biscuits? Poor George didn't do well at all

Jesus, poxy Christmas ads already???

😡😡

God the sugar domes are a nightmare!!

This is the most entertaining episode in ages!!!

Sugar work and gelatin seem to be the undoing of every baker!

I'm not sure George has done enough, him or Lizzy to go.

Jürgen back to top dog??

I agree, Lizzie or George to go tonight...

Aw poor George, he was a very likeable guy but it was his time to leave

Poor Freya will be entitled to feel a bit hard done by, getting voted off before what is basically her week!!

She should be brought back for a one-off special appearance!!

I started thinking poor aul George might get by again, his last bake went well enough at least. I can’t warm to Lizzie at all she’s very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

George should have been gone long ago. Probably one of the poorest bakers to get this far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Thought the judges got it spot on this week, star baker was clearly Jurgen, who was unlucky not to win technical as well, as there wasn't much between him & Giuseppe. George for a split second looked like he had a sliver of a chance with his showstopper but to be fair his first 2 rounds were so poor he really was the one to go. Interesting now as other than Lizzie (who looks weaker than the others left in) anyone could step up & win on any given week & it only takes one bad week to go... cant believe we're at the quarter finals already, the weeks have flown by this year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lizzie next week, then Chigs. Crystelle, Jürgen and Guiseppe in the final.

Anyone else think they weren't given enough time for the technical, no one's chocolate had a chance to set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

Fair play to Chigs, a lad who's been baking a year, into the quarter finals of the UKs biggest baking comp. Just shows what can be done with a little bit of raw talent and passion for something. Seems like a very nice fella too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

i only found the thread....

Are Spoiler Tags ever used in here

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

No it’s assumed you watched it at the time, if you didn’t watch it then looking here and expecting to not read what happened would be ridiculous. If you knew something ahead of time it should be spoilered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

ta.

Just scooted through without reading any posts.

Will stay away so. 👍️

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭event

Would agree with this also. Crystelle to win IMO

Crystelle would be my hope to win, but she'll have a job getting past Giuseppe and Jurgen IMO - my money is on one of them, whichever performs better on the day.

(that reads a bit like stating the bleeding obvious! but they've both been up and down a bit, have they both got three star bakers?? either could turn up on the day and blow the other out of the water)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

No need for spoilers if the programme had aired already ??

Advertisement