Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have the deposit for a house but I saved through crypto

• 08-09-2021 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I have been saving for a year . I have consistently being putting away 2000 a month and now I have more than enough for a deposit for a house . However instead of saving in a bank with zero interest rates I put my money into crypto month to month and its worked out favourably. Im just wondering if the banks will look unfavourably toward this and dismiss my application

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why would they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,139 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just remember you'll have to pay capital gains tax if your crypto made big earnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭bmc58

Do Irish banks accept Crypto Currencies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,139 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I would imagine he's going to withdraw th crypto into Euro when applying for the mortgage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I would expect that the Banks just need you to show them you have been saving the €2,000 a month so there is a history.

Glad it worked out for you with crypto.

• Advertisement
Advertisement