Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Drink Outdoors for 10+ People?

Options
  • 08-09-2021 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you are allowed to have a group of more than 6 people outdoors for a few drinks? I understand that pubs can only seat a maximum of 6 people, even in their outdoor areas.

I saw some crazy numbers of people on Capel Street on social media a few weeks ago just drinking on the street. Is that something that's still common / allowed around the city centre? I haven't been in in a while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's not allowed but it happens. The photos from a few weeks ago were all Ireland final day and there was a massive backlash.

Pubs can get into a lot of trouble if they're caught breaching the rules so advertising who's doing it on here isn't a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Oh I wasn't asking about places that were operating outside the regulations. I know you can hold "events" for up to 200 people and was wondering if some of these places were classifying themselves as having an event.

Also am I correct in saying that drinking on the street is still allowed (at least temporarily)? Is there anything stopping someone from say grabbing a takeaway drink and going a hundred metres down the road to drink it? Not ideal, but may be the only way to get 10 people together!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The Merrion Hotel.

Advertisement