Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trinity vs DCU engineering?

• 08-09-2021 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey guys,

I got an offer from dcu, but I think I could get an offer from Trinity maybe in the next round. I have a bit of a dilemma, as I don't know what would be the better course. Sadly I probably won't get into UCD, as the points inflation is absurd this year. This whole thing would've been a whole lot easier if I did get into UCD. But it is what is.

Before anyone says one is more practical than the other, I'll say I want to do Electronic & Computer Engineering, which I would think is a lot more theory based than the likes of Mechanical Engineering. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I also care about connections and employability after I graduate, I am going to do Masters as well. Do degrees matter much, for example in the case of Trinity, they give out BAI (Batchelor in the Art of Engineering) and MAI (Masters in the Art of Engineering), rather than what DCU or UCD give (BE/BEng and ME/MEng). How does this affect employability?

Comments

Advertisement